Lost your password?
Don't have an account? Sign Up

Phoenix Car Accident Attorney- Lawyer Answers Legal Questions- Kelly Law Team

Contact us to Add Auto Attorney

In this Google Hangout, Phoenix car accident attorney John Kelly answers online questions related to auto accidents. If you have been injured in an accident you may get more information online at or you can post your questions to the comments section and John will get back to you with free legal advice.

In this Live Event, he answers these common questions related to car accidents.

The questions he answers are as follows:

00:46 I was in a wreck two months ago with minor injuries. The insurance company is offering me a settlement which covers more than my expenses. Do I still need an attorney?

02:56 My car had a blowout and ended up running into a light pole. No one was hurt. Can I sue the tire manufacturer? Your website says you work on contingency. How much is that?

04:45 My wife and I were in a car accident and the insurance company is attempting to negotiating a settlement. Why would I need to pay an attorney?

06:40 If you handle my case, how long would it take for me to get paid?

08:44 I was hit by a truck last year and ended up in the hospital for two weeks. Insurance covered my expenses (excluding my lost time at work) but now I’m having back issues again. Is it possible to get these new expenses covered?

If you have any questions related to an auto accident in Arizona, please feel free to post your questions in the comments below and the Kelly Law Team will answer them for you as soon as possible.

If you would like to speak to an attorney, you may contact the law offices at anytime.

Kelly Law Team 1 E Washington St.
Suite 500
Phoenix, AZ 85004

Follow us on Google Plus: …

Follow us on Twitter:

Like us on Facebook: -…

Check out our Reviews on Yelp: …

John Kelly’s AVVO Rating: …

Click Here to Add Auto Attorney



  1. Craig Peterson

    As a practicing physician in a pain management practice, we frequently had injured patients who were represented by John Kelly.  After working with almost every firm in the valley, John Kelly is an attorney that I would personally use if I were injured in a car accident.

  2. Verral Tubman

    Hello John. I was recently involved in a hit and run incident where the other individual fled the scene. Due to my state of panic I was not able to take down the other drivers license plate. I spoke to witnesses in the area to see if they happened to get the license plate information, they also did not see it but were able to give a description of the driver and vehicle. Although that was helpful, it did not do much for me as the victim. Will my insurance company be able to compensate me for my car damage?

    1. Kelly Law Team

      If you have uninsured motorist coverage in your auto insurance policy, you should be able to make an injury claim against it. Typically this coverage is included in your auto policy unless you explicitly waived uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage. You should also have a portion of your policy that covers property damage to your vehicle. If you cannot get the adverse drivers information, you may have to pay a deductible, but you will be able to use this to get your car fixed.

  3. Matt Paolone

    Hey John.  I had a situation last month where I was rear-ended by someone who I presume either wasn’t paying attention or was going way too fast.  They are claiming that I stopped on a dime, but that’s not true at all.  I was out on a stroll on a lazy day and driving under the speed limit.  Is there anyway that I can prove this in order to avoid any chance of being found at fault?  I know there is a witness but I don’t know what exactly they told the police.  Also, the worst part is that this person has one of those cheap looking insurance company and I’m worried that I won’t get what I’m owed.  Can you help me here?

    1. Kelly Law Team

      Matt- It sounds like you will have a good argument that the person who hit you was at fault for the accident. Usually, the person who rear-ends another driver is found to be 100% at fault. Even if they claim that you stopped too abruptly, they still need to be following at a safe distance. If the police came to the scene, they should have cited the other driver for the accident. That being said, there are times when a driver makes an abrupt lane change or other erratic behavior that can shift the fault to the person who was rear-ended. I would make sure you get a copy of the police report as soon as you can. You will want to document the damage to your vehicle with photos. It would be a good idea to speak with an attorney before you make any statements to the insurance companies about your injuries. To address the insurance issue, I’d want to know what coverage you have in your own policy. Even if the other party has minimal insurance coverage, you will be able to go to your own insurance company and make an underinsured motorist claim. This only applies if you have the coverage, but most drivers have it in their policy. Please give me a call at 602-283-4122 if you would like to discuss your options further.

  4. Tiffany Tomblin

    John- I was in a car accident in Phoenix almost a year ago and my attorney has not been very helpful, or responsive.  I did sign up with him, but is it possible to hire you (or another lawyer for that matter) to take over my case?  I’m not in Phoenix at the moment, would a phone consultation work?  (If you can help me that is?)  Thanks!

    1. John Kelly

      +Tiffany Tomblin Hi Tiffany, I’d be happy to discuss your options moving forward. You may want to schedule an office conference with your current attorney and ask him to explain what he has done on your case and what he plans to do moving forward. If you are unhappy with the representation, you can hire a new lawyer. If your attorney has done significant work on your case, he may want to take a lien for fees based on the amount of work he has done. This should not discourage you from exploring your options as you have the ultimate choice on who represents you. I can discuss this with you further in a free consultation if you’d like to call in to the office or schedule an appointment with me.

  5. Cristina Hernandez

    Hello John,

    Do you handle cases from clients out of state?  I was visiting Phoenix and was in an accident in a rental car.  What would be involved on my end?  Will I need to fly back to Arizona? 


    1. Kelly Law Team

      If you were involved in an accident in Arizona, you may want to hire an attorney in Arizona to handle your claim.  If you need to file a lawsuit, you would need a licensed Arizona attorney.  Remember, the statute of limitations in Arizona is two years from the date of the accident.  Please feel free to call me if you have any other questions.    

  6. Ms. Stanford

    John- How does an out of state car accident liability claim work; if I was in my friend’s car? I was in Phoenix for work and using a co-workers car when I was rear-ended. Her car might be totaled. I have missed some work and have some minor injuries. I do have insurance, and so does my colleague. Will her car be covered by the guy who hit me? Will my insurance cover my missed work and medical bills? Do I need to be in Arizona to address this issue?

    1. Kelly Law Team

      +Cendie Stanford For the most part, Arizona law will apply because your accident occurred here in Arizona. I would need to find out more about your trip to determine if you would be considered to be working at the time of the accident. In that case, you may have a workers compensation claim. Because you were rear-ended, it is likely that the adverse parties insurance will accept liability. This means that you make a claim against the person who hit you first. Secondly, I’d like to know more about your own auto insurance, and your friend’s auto insurance. Both of these policies have the potential to provide you with additional compensation if you have underinsured motorist coverage or medical payments in the policy. Remember that you should not speak with any insurance companies until you have consulted with an attorney. There is a good chance that you will be able to recover for both your missed work and medical bills. You additionally will be entitled to some compensation for your pain and suffering. I’d be happy to give you free consultation if you have additional questions.

  7. Tsheej Vammeej

    I was in a pretty severe car accident, but the car does not belong to me. The car belongs to my sister, the car is insured (full coverage), and she was also in the car with me during the accident. I DONT have ANY car insurance under my name but i do have my drivers license. Whats going to happen? I recieved a letter that i am being sued… how am i going to be held accountable when i dont have any car insurance? I dont believe the car accident to be my fault because the guy exceeded his speed limit… the only reason why they believe as of now that it is my fault is because i crossed a yield intersection. Help please… answers please.

    1. Kelly Law Team

      @Zong Vang I understand your concern regarding the accident. Typically, if you had permission to use the vehicle from your friend, your friend’s auto insurer is required to defend the claim against the person who is suing you. You, as the permissive use driver, are required to cooperate with the auto insurer in defending against the claim. However, if there is any kind of excess judgement (assuming this matter went to arbitration or trial), then you would be responsible for that. Because you received a letter that you are being sued, you need to provide that letter to the vehicle’s owner so that she can provide it to her insurance provider. Understand, that it may be wise to consult with an insurance attorney yourself to understand your potential exposure.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *